Monday, November 28, 2005

Hey all, hope that your Thanksgiving went well. But now its back to Work.

Jesse, thank you for the affirmation concerning my post. As we progressed in our research over the topics it became more and more difficult to piece all of it together into a coherent whole. In doing the readings for this class and for my others concerning Globalization, Culture, Post-Modernism, etc. I began to see the world a little differently. I was asked last Tuesday how our presentation was going to be. My response was...its going to suck. I say this not because I think that we have not accurately covered the topic, we all have worked really hard on this project, and battled through some issues. I say this because of our conclusion, or lack there of. it sucks not being able to come up with an answer, for me at least. As much as I like to be mysterious, I don't want to be stumped by a question that I am supposed to have an answer to. But what other alternatives do we have... anyone? I guess I feel for the people who havent done as much research as us, and they listen to our conclusion online and say, "well, great, I could have said I dont know". But you dont know what it took us to get here...is what our conclusion is, there are a lot of factors. There is a myriad of explanation and counters. I guess what we all agree on is that War sucks. So I was right...our presentation is War sucks :)

Jessi, hope you had a good time in NY. I too liked the book Inventing Popular Culture...and I think there are a lot of things that we can draw from this book concerning our responses to our issues, and maybe how we can move towards a coherent view of the near incoherence of the new wars that are going to be fought. Ill discuss this more in my blog.

Blessings,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home